Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally Answering the Call

All those spirit-filled, tongues-talkin', finger-waggin' church folk were right: I couldn't run forever. For years in my youth, every time I would go to church (mine or somebody else's), someone who "see" an anointing on me. So many people have declared me to be a Profitess. I didn't believe it. I didn't know what to make of it. I mean, someone declares a great anointing on your life, and what are you supposed to do?
Sometimes other mighty people of Gawd would shake my hand upon first meeting me, and ask "Why are you running?"
How do you respond to that? I didn't know I was "running." From what? My divine culling? I attended church far more often than the average Christian teenager. I gave practically all the money I ever came in contact with every time I got the chance. I didn't know how to "not run."
But every spirit-filled, fire-baptized, obama-shot-a-hyundai church person I knew was accusing me of "running."
Well, folks, here I am. After years of training among the best at the Church of Jemimah Manifest Destiny of the Latter Rain, Highly Favored Saints Assembly of the High Culling, I hereby pronounce my acceptance of my anointing as a Proftess.

No comments:

Post a Comment